Negative inlining and scale
The influence of scale and deposits on the operation of boilers, heating equipment and closed systems
During the operation of boilers and other heating equipment with heating elements (heating elements, heat exchanger, etc.), as a rule, ordinary, unprepared tap water is used as a heat carrier. Such water has increased rigidity and contains a lot of impurities, such as: salts, metals, minerals, which, during heating of the heat carrier, actively settle on the surface of heating elements, coils, pipes, batteries, boilers, etc., forming the so-called scale and sludge. Limescale and sludge have low thermal conductivity, as a result of which heat transfer through contaminated walls is impaired, which leads to a number of negative consequences, such as:
- overheating and boiling;
- deterioration in the efficiency of the system and, as a result, an increase in fuel consumption.
- pitting and local corrosion;
- the appearance of fistulas and gaps;
- degradation of system capacity.
With a scale thickness of about 1 mm, the fuel overrun will be 3-15%, therefore, with a thickness of more than 0.2 mm, deposits must be removed from the systems in use.
In addition, scale and deposits bring a number of problems not only in the operation of thermal equipment, but also in closed systems that are not related to heat engineering.
Today, there are several methods for cleaning systems from scale and deposits:
Cons of mechanical cleaning: the risk of damage to the internal walls of the system by cleaning heads; difficulty of use in hard-to-reach places and complex systems; the need to parse the system;
Cons of ultrasonic cleaning: not possible to use on large systems; disassembly of the system and immersion of parts in special baths are required; high price;
Unlike mechanical and ultrasonic cleaning, the chemical method of cleaning with ZEP products has several advantages:
- there is no need to disassemble the system and dismantle its parts;
- ease of use (funds are in liquid form);
- careful removal of scale and deposits, without damaging the internal surfaces of the system;
- reusable use;
- color indication of the concentration of the solution;
- protection against corrosion (they include anti-corrosion components);
- safe for almost all metals;
- the possibility of use in the food industry;
Depending on the type of system being cleaned and its characteristics, ZEP products are divided into several categories:
- products for boilers and steam generators: BOIL-CARE PAC, BOILER 3, BOILER DEOX HP, BOILER DEMI, BOILER DEOX, STEAM CONTROL 10, BOILER SOFT, BOILER SPERSE;
- funds for closed systems: LOOP SOFT METAL FG, LOOP CLEAN, LOOP -37, LOOP 10, LOOP -37 FG;
- universal cleaners: SX11, X-SCALE;
Each specified product contains various chemicals, such as: catalyzed sulfites, ascorbates, diethylhydroxylamine, morpholine, cyclohexylamine, 2-diethylaminoethanol, potassium hydroxide, sodium benzoate, etc., the action of which is aimed at solving specific problems.
As you can see, the range of ZEP production tools is quite extensive and constantly replenished, our experts will help you in selecting the necessary tools to achieve maximum results.